The Maine Association of Retirees (MAR) exists to protect and expand the rights and
benefits of Maine retired teachers, state/county/municipal government employees, and to
support a fiscally sound retirement system.
Any public sector retiree is eligible to join MAR.
Retired State employees, teachers, participating local district employees
Spouses and other benficiaries.
Advocacy in Augusta on issues that affect you
Connect with other public sector retirees
Tuition discount for Maine Senior College Network
Delta Dental insurance
Other membership discounts
... and more!
Who we are
MAR is the voice of Maine public sector retirees. MAR represents several “generations” of retirees with diverse needs and interests. Many retirees continue to work, others are caring for older parents, or grandchildren. Our members give generously of their time as volunteers in a variety of organizations.
Use this interactive map to see where our membership is throughout the US and Canada!
Come to your local MAR Regional Meeting and
- Discover your power, control and legal rights;
- Learn how and what type of social media/electronic services work for you;
- Receive updates on State/Federal laws and proposals impacting your circumstances;
- Participate in the direction of MAR by voting for your Regional Directors/Alternates;
- Voluntary training after lunch on MAR benefits, organizational structure, and Committees’ responsibilities.
|Time||9am - 2pm||9am - 2pm||9am - 2pm||10am - 2pm||9am - 2pm|
|Date:||Tues., 9/23/2014||Wed., 9/24/2014||Wed., 10/1/2014||Tues., 10/7/2014||Wed., 10/8/2014|
|Bangor Savings Bank|
|Auburn Public Library|
|Easy Day Restaurant|